We are also continuing to grow our 2005 Competitive Team and starting at least one new "Travel" Team for 2001/2002 players. If there is interest and commitment we are willing to open a Competitive Girls Team at any age division. Don't let the word "travel" scare you - all games are played in tri-county and at least half the games are on home fields.
Greetings From Jupiter
MESSAGE FROM COACH JANICE
It is with mixed emotions that I am writing everyone. For the first time in 7 years I am not preparing to coach for the Wildcats. Over the summer we moved to Jupiter. Needless to say, our lives have been turned upside down and we are unable to make the commute.
I am very proud of how far the Wildcats have come. Over the past three years the GHSL program for girls has grown by leaps and bounds as a result of many dedicated players, volunteers, and families. Lola and I are so excited to know that the 2005 girls will field a competitive travel team this season.
Good luck to everyone for the next season. We will miss you all and we hope that we will see you on the pitch. Also, register as soon as possible if you haven't already, because spots fill up quickly.
Best wishes, Coach Janice & Lola
I think there are lots of parents with girls who might flourish on a girls only team, but they or their daughters have doubts, or do not understand what the girls program is about. I remember that my daughter was ready to give up on soccer, but after last year, it has moved to (and consistently remains at) the top of her list. That is the message we need to convey.
Girls GHSL ProgramThe Hollywood Wildcats is proud to share that the Girls Program with the Greater Hollywood Soccer League (GHSL) for the past 3 seasons was a great success.
We look forward to an even better 2017/2017 season.
Practices begin in August/September and they will continue through end of the scheduled games in the Greater Hollywood Soccer League (middle of March 2018). During this season we will have breaks for the holidays. This is not a travel program, but half of the games do take place at other teams fields. These cities are close to the Hollywood area like Miramar, Hallandale and Pembroke Pines. All practices and home games will be held at Dowdy and Boggs Field. This year we are looking to form at U8, U10, U12, U14, U16 and U18 girls teams, multiple in same divisions if players and volunteer coaches are available.
GIRLS ONLY PARTICULARS
If you have any questions about the GIRLS GHSL program or Girls Travel, please contact Coach Tom firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girls that do not want to be part of this program can always play in the regular Wildcats co-ed recreational program.
The GHSL is one of the oldest soccer leagues in South Florida. Participating clubs are located in Northern Miami-Dade, as well as in all of Southern Broward, from the beaches to western Miramar and Pembroke Pines. GHSL is a sanctioned league by the Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA). It is the only FYSA sanctioned soccer league that offers inter-city “recreational” travel play.
By participating in the GHSL, our girl players will be able to experience more competitive and challenging play on an all-girl team. There is minimal travel involved. Half of the games will be played at home and half at nearby clubs’ fields. Coaches may schedule additional friendly scrimmages with other clubs for fun and additional opportunities for player and team development.
All girls in the U8-U18 divisions, regardless of skill set, are welcomed to participate. Since there are limited spots on each team, please take into consideration what your daughter’s commitment capabilities are. It is difficult on the team if a player is unable to participate regularly. If we register more girls than roster maximums alow we might have to turn some players away or find them an alternative teams to play on, as available.
GHSL Girls Program
- No tryouts, Roster spots are limited, so interested players should register as soon as possible.
- Discounted Early Registration, price will go to up in August
- 7 months of Hollywood Wildcat Soccer Club Elite Program, Season runs September through middle of March
- Divisions U-8 and U-10 play (7 v 7 target team size 12 players)
- Division U-12 play (9 vs. 9 target team size 16 players)
- Divisions U-14, U-16 and U-18 play (11 vs. 11 target team size 18)
- Girls too young to participate in the U8 division (5 and some 6 year olds) may have the option to play on a coed U6 GHSL team
- Approximately 10 GHSL league games plus guaranteed playoffs/jamboree
- Scheduled Friendly Matches within Wildcats Recreational League
- Some Friendly Games with Neighboring Clubs and Academies
- Two Uniforms (home and away)
- All GHSL League and Referee Fees
- Certified Coaching Support from Elite Travel Coaches
- A discounted entry into Hollywood Cup 5v5 Spring Tournament
- Please note, that coaches and parents may agree on scheduling additional tournaments which would not be covered by the registration fee. Families may fund-raise if they choose